- Walmart unveiled its pilot project using blockchain technology among the shrimp farmers in Andhra Pradesh. The use of blockchain technology to track shrimp exports from India to an overseas retailer is first of its kind.
- The Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) 2019 was held at Goa from 3 October to 4 October 2019. The conclave was inaugurated by the National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Kumar Doval.
- The six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India slashed the short-term lending rate, the repo rate, by 25 basis points in its fourth bi-monthly policy review.
- Shri Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi, presently High Commissioner of India to New Zealand, has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Niue, with residence in Wellington.
- World Space Week is observed from 4 October to 10 October 2019. It is the largest space event on Earth.
Read Here:- Banking Gk
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to impose a ban on single-use plastic. The announcement was made by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das on 5 October.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said that the online money transfer through National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) will be available 24×7 from now onwards. The announcement was made by the six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI.
- Digital infrastructure provider, Tata Communications has named Amur S Lakshminarayanan as Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer designate of the company.
- Kolkata-based Bandhan Bank and Ahmedabad-based Gruh Finance announced that it will be merged on 17 October 2019. The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has cleared the scheme of amalgamation for the merger.
- Uber Technologies Inc (UBER.N) has launched Uber Copter, the helicopter services, in New York. The users will soon be able to book helicopter flights to John F. Kennedy (JFK) International airport through their apps. The flights are operated by HeliFlite Shares, a licensed company.
Get All Jobs Here:- All Jobs